Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are. Bernice Johnson Reagon
First, thank you for the emails and messages when I first mentioned xrays and an MRI. In the past week I went from an xray at this appt
to an MRI at this appt
and one last shot just because it's so much better to wear this than my new pair of boots (NOT!)
A few sleepless nights. Throwing my crutches on the floor out of frustration. So disappointed I can do nothing but cry. I needed a plan. I needed direction. A friend said I needed "control" over a situation that made me feel helpless.
- Buying a boot and crutches. I saved money because I can use my daughter's boot and crutches.
- I can't do the full P90X. Modify and do what I can.
- No impact cardio or more importantly no running. Start swimming to maintain cardio.
- Gain the weight I've lost in the past 30 days. Adjust caloric intake to "injured" level of activity.
- It takes forever to go down the stairs in our house in a boot. Sit. Hold the booted foot up and slide down on my butt.
- Recovery delays. As much as I will want to push it with workouts remember...don't take any chances.
- What to do with the extra time on my hands. Read. November and December scrapbooking projects. More photography time.
- I didn't get to complete 90 days of the full P90X. Start again.
- I'm 143.53 miles from meeting my goal of 1000 miles in 2010. Set a swimming goal for the remainder of 2010. Move on. Set a new goal for 2011.
- It seems like showering is going to be a dilemma. Yes. It is possible to take an entire shower standing on one foot.
- This just sucks. "I'm glad it wasn't something worse." Yes Chad, although it probably didn't seem like it at the time, I was listening. Thanks.
I also realized I needed an attitude adjustment. Not only for myself but also for the people that have to live with me. So I'm focusing on the positive (most of the time).
- With P90X I've lost 4 pounds.
- With P90X I've lost 4% body fat.
- With P90X I've lost 3 inches from my waist.
- With P90X I've gained 1 inch in each bicep.
- With P90X I have muscle definition in my back.
- With P90X my abs are more defined than ever.
- Paper Heart Camera featured one of my photos.
- I won a pack of Chica Bands at Running Diva Mom. I get to look forward to these coming in the mail.
- I will get back to this.