Another month of Capture Your 365, inspired by Katrina Kennedy. Using Katrina's May Project 365 Idea List, my not-quite 365 photography project for this year is to look through the lens with a more creative eye and to focus a little more on the technical aspect of photography.
A few things I noticed while capturing and editing images for the month of May:
- While I enjoy playing with some of the more trendy effects of photo editing my preference (particularly for images to be printed) is crisp bold colors with contrast, detail and texture.
- A goal for this month was minimal editing and no actions. As close to SOOC as possible. Simple levels adjustment and sharpen.
- I like fill-the-frame shots and white space.
- Checking the levels and needing minimal adjustment, if any, makes me smile (literally).
- Next month I will continue to strive for SOOC with an emphasis on improving focus and clarity.
Some of my CY365 favorites for the month of May:
Prompt: Part or Piece
Prompt: A Portion
Prompt: From the Garden
Here is a complete list of blogs participating in todays blog hop! (Note: the blog hop will go live by all participants no later than 8 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time). Allow for adjustments in time zones.
Take some time to visit the other blog hop blogs for a glimpse of Capture Your 365. You won't be disappointed.
Your next stop on the CY365 Blog Hop is Laura at http://www.mom2nick.typepad.com/.