One Little Word | Embrace [who I am]
One little word can have a big impact on your life. A journey shared.
A glimpse of One Little Word 2011. April.
This month's OLW class inspiration focused on documentation of ideas, tasks, missions and "word" stuff to accomplish this year. A to-do list of sorts. A deliberate approach to accomplishing certain tasks. As an avid list maker this made so much sense to me. A plan.
- Continue weekly self portraits with minimal Photoshop editing. Observation: notice that so far very few of your self portraits actually show your face.
- When you look in the mirror notice the positive. Comment: If you feel the need to to see the negative in your reflection at least acknowledge the positives first.
- Research vulnerability and the role it plays in my life.
- Develop a better understanding of guilt and how it fits into the grand scheme of my personal journey. Comment: Remember the 5/26/11 reality check Alec and Alyssa gave you and rightfully so.
- Read 2 of Brene Brown's books again. Observation: a different perspective compared to 5 months ago.
I will probably be using this prompt (inspiration) several times throughout the rest of the year.
I continue to document my word with a weekly photo (One Little Word | Captured) and a weekly self portrait (52 Week Project). Photos are being printed as we speak so for now I'll share 3 of my favorites from the month of May...
One Little Word Captured Week 19
and 52 Week Project Week 19
And last but not least. My latest for One Little Word Captured was a "Photo Coming Soon" post. This is the photo. Week 21 captured seeing first hand the devastation in Joplin, MO. My in-laws live in Joplin and without hesitation we went to help. An experience I will never forget. Repeatedly I kept wondering...how does an entire city begin to recover? And after several days of thought...faith and one day at a time.
If you started here, at my blog, and want to start from the beginning, go to Margie's blog at http://xnomads.typepad.com/blog.
Your next stop on the OLW Blog Hop is Amanda at http://scrappnbee.blogspot.com.
Thank you for visiting. Look for the June OLW Blog Hop on July 1.
Here is a complete list of blogs participating in todays blog hop! (Note: the blog hop will go live by all participants no later than 8 AM PST (Pacific Standard Time). Allow for adjustments in time zones.
1. Margie http://xnomads.typepad.com/blog
2. Jamie http://jmpgirl.blogspot.com/
3. Cherie http://cheriandrews.blogspot.com
4. Jill http://jillconyers.typepad.com/ <----- YOUR ARE HERE
5. Amanda http://scrappnbee.blogspot.com
6. Lynn W www.crafty-creativity.blogspot.com
7. Rebekah http://istampscrapcraft.blogspot.com/
8. Melissa S http://blog.mshanhun.com
9. Lisa A http://backtoallen.com/writers_blog/
10. Sam http://learncreatedo.wordpress.com/
11. Jenn www.studiojenn.blogspot.com
12. Junelle http://yesandamenblog.blogspot.com/
13. Jen S www.byjen.com
14. Monica B2 http://questtoperfectimperfection.blogspot.com/
15. Cindy http://seriousplay.typepad.com
16. Nikki www.inkyart.com.au
17. Karen D http://womenontractors.blogspot.com