I modified the original recipe found at The Healthy Foodie. Simple to make. This just might be the best tuna salad ever. Download link below.
The Best Tuna Salad
- 3 tbs. 0% fat greek plain yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Old Style whole grain mustard
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 12 oz solid white albacore, in water, drained
- 2 slices whole grain bread of your choice*
- a handful of leafy greens
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix until well blended. Stir in drained tuna and mix well.
- Spread mixture onto one slice of bread. Garnish with leafy greens and top with second slice of bread.
- Serve immediately.
* I serve with Ezekiel Organic Sprouted Wheat bread, 1 slice for me and 2 slices for everyone else.
Additional recipes can be downloaded from Recipes and Menu Planning Templates.