Before I get to week 1 of HBBC, I started a new running club yesterday and while in the store I saw this quote. I loved it and immediately thought of the joy of simply running because you can.
Review Week 1: Being off from work for the holiday and a little more flexibility with time made it relatively easy to accomplish my workout goals for the first week. Nutrition goals? Not perfect but not derailed by the holiday either. Other than a candy cane truffle from Godiva in the mall I wasn't really tempted by sweets/desserts. We'll see how long that lasts :) The best part...I ate what I wanted and didn't have even one moment of guilt!
One thing I noticed this week was how I felt after eating more carbs that I typically would. Kind of sluggish and not a lot of energy.
Week 2 Goals
- strength training - 3 days
- running - 4 days
- kenpo - 2 days
- abs - 4 days
- stretch - 2 days
- Shakeology smoothie - 7 days
- vitamins - 7 days
- stick to the weekly plan everyday! (you can see an example of my weekly clean eating menu here Commitment to Health and Fitness)
- more water (I noticed a few times during the week that I didn't feel like I was drinking enough water)
How did week 1 go for you? Are sweets your biggest temptation during the holidays?
Now the link-up
How to Particpate
1. Follow me, the host, at [Fitness, Health & Happiness] on Google Friend Connect in the sidebar and leave a comment.